2010年12月13日星期一

review of these nonconstructive polygon

I had solved 7,11,13,19,21,23,25 polygon construction with compass and straight, and it can reach any accuracy you want and the steps are limits.

Basically, each step can double the accuracy. So for normal practice, we can solve these nonconstructive polygon to 120 sides. It is possible to use bisector method to divide 3° into small angel but it is not practical at all. But with my method, it is possible to increase the accuracy with adding some circles. no matter you use real compass or computer programs, it all works.

the most interesting thing is the self accurate method. It takes me about one week to find it. I had tried some other way but find it was increase accuracy very slow. Now the method increase accuracy very fast.

I will pause the next polygons construction as I think it is time to use a computer program to find a best approach for these many sides polygon.

没有评论:

发表评论